Tuesday, November 29, 2005

I need to visit Hungary


Introducing Ask Erzsi: "

askerzsi.jpg[Editor's Note: Today marks the first installment of 'Ask Erzsi' by famed Hungarian-American advice columnist Erzsébet 'Erzsi' Gyergyószépfalvy.]



Dear Erzsi:



My husband and I are having a terrible quarrel. He says that my főzelék tastes terrible, and that the problem is that I don't use real pork lard when making the rántás. But I've been trying to get him to lose a few kilos, and I don't think there is really a difference in the taste. Who's right?



Healthy in Hajdúszoboszló



Dear Healthy:



Well, I'm afraid that this time you're hubby's right! True, you can make a rántás (roux) with any kind of fat or edible oil and starch, but you can only make a true, silky-smooth rántás using proper animal lard and flour. Plus, do those few extra kilos make your husband any less loveable? I didn't think so!



Smoothly, Erzsi



...Snipping out lots of good stuff...


The 'Weekly Stink' will return next Monday. Send you questions for Erzsi to tips@pestiside.hu


"



(Via Pestiside.)


No comments: