Friday, September 23, 2005


FUN WITH E-BAY'S LATEST ACQUISITION: Firstly, I d...: "

FUN WITH E-BAY'S LATEST ACQUISITION: Firstly, I downloaded Skype.


Then, while perfunctorily filling out my profile, I briefly amused myself by entering 'Abkhazian' under my language, since it was first in the list, and then promptly forgot all about Abkhazia.


Then, this morning, to indicate to a friend that I wasn't going to ignore her any more, I changed my status to 'skype me'.


Then, out of nowhere, this undoubtedly quite nice Abkhazian lady began calling me, who didn't speak any English, but was happy to have another Abkhazian to talk to on Skype. I was very sorry to let her down.


I've heard the Georgian Riviera is quite nice; maybe I ought meet more Abkhazians until I have collected a sufficient quantity that some of them invite me to visit. You could drive there from here....

"



(Via OxBlog.)


No comments: