Monday, January 24, 2005

On penalty of extreme pissiness I was dragged kicking and screaming to The Container Store this morning to deal with the "Clutter situation" in my apartment and my room.

There is a big plastic box sitting in my closet for stuff. Stuff that is supposed to come out of the stacked boxen in the corner of my room.

This curious stack of boxen tend to go through a fairly predictable cycle.

0 Stack of boxen.

pi/2. I need to find something in a box, so I stack the boxes next to each other on the floor.

pi. More and more stuff has been pulled out of the boxes. The boxes are only partially filled, with overflow extending along the wall, over the dresser, and to the door.

3pi/2. Floor space has diminished. Where are my pants? General grumbling. Ultimatums.

Repeat.

Thanks to the container store, I now have fractional ownership of a chopping block on wheels in my kitchen, and full ownership of a coat rack.

Yes, we played "Ride the chopping block that has wheels that are there for rolling across the room while making superman flying motions."

Also, does anybody get terribly excited while watching a movie and noticing "that actor that looks like Chow Yun Fat?"

What does that say about me?

No comments: