Saturday, July 09, 2005

Attemping the convergence life

One Treo 650, One 1 Gb Sandisk Ultra II Plus SD Card, one 2.5mm to 3.5mm audio cord convertor from treocentral, and both TCMP and Pocket Tunes loaded on the Treo, which is hooked up to my iPod headphones.

The iPods are sitting lonely at home.

The Pros: One Device to Rule them All.

Gapless playback. The iPod still doesn't have it.

Fade-in/Fade-out between tracks.

The Negatives:
Playing MP3s kill's the Treo's battery.

For the first time since I had the Rio500, I am using a non iPod MP3 player interface. None of the alternatives are better, yet.

I can't sync with iTunes. This isn't that much of a problem. I've been meaning to go back to gtkPod anyways, especially for when the 320Gb hard drive for the linux music server arrives Monday.

The programs I am using on the Treo don't normalize. Quiet music tracks followed by loud tracks suck without it.

Again Battery life. Who sells aftermarket Treo batteries with more oomph? Anybody?

Again, the interface. At the minimum, replicating the iPod's music database, with similar navigation is needed. Browsing by song and folder on the disk is so Winamp 2.x...

No comments: