Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Let me be the first to say it: The new World Trade Center / Freedom Tower design is crap.

Let me think of the words and phrases this design invokes:

Boring.

Suxor.

Now even more Libeskind free.

Phallic.

-=-

Where's the ground breaking awe inspiring science to make this a beautiful jaw dropping technical marvel?

I want columns of standing high energy sound waves playing their part in creating structural integrity fields.

I want a building twice as high as the old one, at 220 stories.

If not, I want a tower 1787 feet high. Enough about the Declaration, let it reflect the Convention. After all, everybody declares independence.

I want Curves.

I want Gargoyles.

And nanotech.

Worldchanging technology.

And Lasers.

Ok. Maybe not lasers.

With billions of dollars at stake, the visions from the competition to create the a new design for the world trade center have clashed with other more recent requirements, such as emergency service and office space considerations.

And once again, we are left with a shadow of what might have been.

To what might have been.

No comments: