Friday, October 01, 2004

I was coming off of the B this morning at 42nd street and heard the announcer say that you could transfer to the IRT 7 upstairs. Most people have no idea what the announcer is talking about when they hear IRT, or BMT, or IND from a train conductor, because those are the old names of the lines from before the City took them over. But it is still nice to hear the announcers using the old monikers.

It is reminiscent of the cobblestones that occasionally peek up from fading pavement, reminding us of the past that often does still coexist here with the present. Not the past for the sake of the past, in the historic districts, not new for the sake of the new, in parts of midtown, but somewhere comfortably in between.

I just finished Sandman 6, and I do have to say that it is taking a definite turn back towards addictive.

-=-

The Debate is over, and I am relieved. Kerry came off far better than I thought he would. I think this speaks less to Kerry's strength than to the abilities of the Bush campaign to spread Fear uncertainty and doubt about Kerry. Clearly, the more the better.

Cy is coming in late at night, and likely heading home. Bec is coming in late as well. I've got reservations for 5 at Milk & Honey tomorrow (or is that tonight now?)


Also, Bethany's purse called me out of the blue. My phone returned the call, to everybody's surprise. Her phone relays a "Hi" to yall. B was too busy driving a city Prius.

Prius needs to have the word King in front of it.

No comments: